- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 ounces feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 3 ounces kalamata olives or any Greek or Italian marinated olives
- Greek Salad Dressing, recipe follows
- 2 pita bread sliced into 8 pieces (drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 7 minutes at 350 degrees). The pita chips can be served as a garnish or an appetizer with your favorite store bought hummus.
Season 2 chicken Breasts with salt and coarse black pepper on both sides and a sprinkle of Herbs De Provence on only one side. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to heated pan on medium heat. Saute the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side and then put in an oven and back at 350 degrees for another 4 minutes. Let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes until juices run clear. Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle salad withGreek dressing. Top with feta cheese and diced roasted chicken. OPA!
Greek Salad Dressing:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 cup white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon fine salt, plus more as needed
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 small clove garlic
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
In a blender, combine the vinegars, mustard, salt, pepper, red pepper, and garlic and puree. With the motor running, very slowly pour in a steady stream of olive oil to make a smooth dressing. Repeat with the canola oil.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
Calories: 205.50, Total Fat: 23, Saturated Fat: 2, Carbohydrates: 0.14, Fiber: 0.01